Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Wish

I think if I had one wish it would be to help the trapped people in autism-jail open their prison cells to freedom.
What is freedom?
It is communication. It is education. It is exposure to normal education and books and conversation. If I halfway made an effort to be normal, I’d still be autistic. I have a neurological illness that isn’t cured by hope and good fortune. If you meet me halfway, I can access the world as a person with autism.
I listened to a woman who thought I belonged to the rare group of autistic who can think. I got to laugh inside, and laugh sorrowfully too. I may be communicating now, but not always. Until my mom and others opened me to the ability, I was trapped internally. If this early part of my life taught me anything, it is that I have to free those who remain trapped.
If she had met me when I was young and had no ability to get out my thoughts, I know that she would not have believed that intelligence lay behind my symptoms. If I had never been taught how to use a letter board I too would be the moron she imagines in others.
I’m sorry if I seem harsh but I am tired of well-meaning but blind people. Other autistic people die inside daily because they believe they will never get free or have communication. If the people that help them can’t see the potential inside them, no one works on their freedom from autism-jail.

Intelligence is there. It’s trapped. It’s stuck- buried beneath neurological messages that don’t send out.
Don’t assume the only smart non-verbal person with autism is me or others who type or point. We are living proof that   intelligence is there if our jail cells are given a route to communication and freedom.


5 comments:

  1. So proud of you IDO!!! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ido, you are courageous and inspiring. Your words give families like mine the strength to do the work. We hope to give you the strength to do yours! Please keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ido for your inspiring words. You have found the courage to overcome communication barriers, and you are empowering others to do so as well. We are looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed by your words, Ido. You are one great person and I hope you can help others escape their prisons. I have bipolar disorder and know how I must take care of myself so I can be a part of the world. Thanks for speaking out.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I have been suffering from HIV and Genital Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr TAKUTA on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr TAKUTA today on this Email address: takutaspellalter@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on this Tell.Number +27788634102....

    Dr.TAKUTA also cures:
    1. HEPATITIS A,B,C
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3.DIABETES
    4.STROKE.
    5.STDS and STI
    6. MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
    7.LOVE SPELL CASTING
    8.JOB PROMOTION SPELLS
    9.MARITAL PROBLEM
    10.MAGIC MONEY SPELLS

    ReplyDelete

FB Comments