Monday, May 23, 2011

Autism and Shyness

In friendship, like many autistic people, I am sort of shy. I saw a friend the other day who was meeting some new people. He covered his face and hid in his jacket. I used to do that sometimes when I was small. Sometimes I even hid in my closet when a lot of company came over.

Though I don't hide anymore, I'm still shy. I hide in myself. People hide in their stims too, or by leaving the room. It's anxiety, I think, not stupidity or indifference to people. It's sensory overwhelming sensations that  come in strong emotions.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. My son who also has autism tends to close his eyes and sometimes he will cover his eyes or hide behind me when somebody he dont know speaks to him.Do you know of any way that would make him more comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t believe this is really true I never believe there is cure to this hsv 2 because all the hospital have told me there is no cure to it, few months ago I saw this man email DR.Ohunyom on internet from a testimony share by someone who he help with his herbal cure I contact his email and ask for his help also, that is how he inform me about the cure process and this man sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed for 2 week I can’t believe when I go for test my result come out negative i am so happy to share this to the world there is real cure to herpes you can also contact DR.Ohunyom through his email now drohunyom@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2349060579973 and He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases;
    Diabetes, Lupus, HPV, Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, CANCER  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking to exchange strategies with others, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
    Remedies for emotional problems

    ReplyDelete

FB Comments